07-01-1979 – Partial
This is a full Video and Audio Remaster of: Grateful Dead – Center Coliseum – Seattle, WA
Sunday July 1, 1979
1) This is obviously more toward “restoration/preservation” territory than “remaster” — though a worrthy upgrade in both audio and video.
2) There are some picture fills where video does not exist
3) This is a partial of set 2 (missing first 2-songs, setlist below) — be happy with what we have!
All video and audio edits outside of pre-existing lineage performed by Christopher Hazard and Josh Davis
Upscaled 480i to 1080p / slight colar/tonal adjustments/Aspect Ratio Corrected/
All workflow is confidential
Release Date: Monday, January 21, 2022
Format: MKV container – x265 encode – 24-bit lossless audio
[add file size info etc]
This page 100% depends on the generosity of others to maintain financial solvency.
Please consider making a one time donation or joining the patreon if you have the means and find this page to be something of value — it really helps. The costs are absolutely astronomical and this page would not exist had it not been for the people who made the initial investments into the hardware and overheard — thank you.
One time donations:
Patreon (monthly donations, you choose the amount.)
Patreon: www.patreon.com/hazardc (may have to copy/paste)
Ethereum (requested): 0x5eb764735974f7800d637697c68dcc1e8c8005b6
Dont Ease Me In (missing)
Samson & Delilah (missing)
0:00:00 Terrapin Station ~
0:12:18 Playin’ in the Band ~
0:39:56 Stella Blue~
0:59:42 Around n’ Around
1:07:43 E: Shakedown Street
New Audio Patch:
Sunday July 1, 1979
Master Soundboard Cassette ~ Reel to Reel ~ Sandy Troy’s 2nd generation Reels
2nd generation Reels (Technics RS-1506) ~ Apogee Mini Me ~ Mini DAC ~ WaveLab 5(.wav 24-bit/96k)~ Adobe Audition 3.0 (24/96)~ TLH flac2496
– Thanks to Sandy Troy for the 2nd generation reel source
– Thanks to Matt Smith for the transfer
– Thanks to Charlie Miller for coordinating this effort
– Thanks to Reinhart Holhwein, Pat Lee and Matt Smith for the AKG D224E source which supplies the crowd and first 0:05 of “Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo” (0:43 total), the crowd and first 3:25 of “Stagger Lee”(3:48 total), the crowd and first few notes of “Sugaree” (0:10 total), a 1:32 patch in the “Terrapin Station ~ Playin’ In The Band” transition, as well as a 0:26 patch in “Around & Around”
– Thanks to Charlie Miller for the shnid93433 soundboard source which supplies the final 2:42 of “Shakedown Street”
– Mix issues for the first few minutes of “Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo”
– Pitch corrected
– Transitions smoothed
Mastered by Scott Clugston
s1 t01 – Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo ~
s1 t02 – Franklin’s Tower
s1 t03 – Mama Tried ~
s1 t04 – Mexicali Blues
s1 t05 – Peggy O
s1 t06 – New Minglewood Blues
s1 t07 – Stagger Lee
s1 t08 – El Paso
s1 t09 – Brown Eyed Women
s1 t10 – Passenger
s2 t01 – Don’t Ease Me In
s2 t02 – Samson & Delilah
s2 t03 – Sugaree
s2 t04 – Terrapin Station ~
s2 t05 – Playin’ in the Band ~
s2 t06 – Drums ~
s2 t07 – Space ~
s2 t08 – Stella Blue ~
s2 t09 – Truckin’ ~
s2 t10 – Around & Around
s2 t11 – Shakedown Street
Original lineage for Video and Audio:
Video Source: Audience ~ ? ~ DVD ~ Vegas 6.0b ~ DVD Architect 3.0a.
Audio Source: SBD (shnid=315) ~ SHN ~ WAV ~ Adobe Audition.
DVD: NTSC 720×480 29.97fps VBR (avg=6454Kbps) + Linear PCM
audio Stereo 48kHz 1536Kbps.
Video Quality: B
Audio Quality: A-
-Audio source SHNcoded by Dave Barrick.
-Video source DVD provided by Rick Anderson
(NTSC 704×480 29.97fps VBR avg=4543).
-Vegas tutoring provided by Unidecker.
-Grateful thanks to Taperguy27.
-Camera audio: 11:06-12:53, 50:08-50:10, 1:00:15-1:01:41, 1:08:32-1:08:34
-Video drop outs replaced with stills: 00:00-00:40, 55:50-56:21. 56:51-57:00,
1:02:57-1:03:02, 1:07:42-1:07:51, 1:09:12-1:09:19.
-As noted by the video quality grade of B, this dvd is a little fuzzy. But for
all the deadheads out there, this is a cohesive set 2B that links together the
video audio and the etree audio source. Video drop outs have been filled with