Vince Welnick Trivia
Trivia on Vince Welnick, the last Grateful Dead keyboardist
1. What band did Vince play with in the 70s and 80s?
A. Jefferson Starship
B. The Tubes
C. Jerry Garcia Band
2. The Tubes’s 1983 album reached #18 on the Billboard 200. It contained their #10 hit “She’s a Beauty.” What is the name of this album?
A. Love Bomb
B. Remote Control
C. The Tubes
D. Outside Inside
3. What was Vince planning on doing immediately before he got the job with the Dead?
A. Moving to Mexico
B. Starting a punk rock band
C. Taking a corporate job
D. Opening a record store
4. What was the main reason the Dead picked Vince to take over the keys after Brent passed away in 1990?
A. Jerry felt he was the best keyboardist available.
B. Billy and Jerry had started diving with Vince in Hawaii.
C. Vince could sing the high harmonies.
D. Vince was friends with Mickey’s girlfriend and later wife
5. What was Vince’s publishing company, named after signs that Deadheads help up at his first show, called?
A. Yo Vinnie Music
B. Let Vince Sing
C. Uncle Vinnie Tunes
D. Welnick Rocks
6. What was Vince’s middle name?
7. What was one of Vince’s characteristic clothing choices when he was with the Dead?
A. Tie-dye socks
B. Leather pants
C. Hawaiian shirts
D. Bowler hats
8. What band did Vince form with Prairie Prince, Steve Kimock, and Bobby Vega after Jerry passed away?
A. Missing Man Formation
B. Second Sight
C. Vince Welnick All-Stars
D. Promised Land
9. After Jerry passed, Vince wrote a song about his friend, which he later played with Missing Man Formation and other bands. What was the name of that song?
A. Devil I Know
B. Down the Road
C. Golden Days
D. I’ll Just Say I Love You Which I Never Said Before
10. How did Vince die in 2006?
A. Throat cancer
B. He slit his throat
C. Complications from emphysema
D. Valium overdose
1. B; 2. D; 3. A; 4. C; 5. A; 6. D; 7. C; 8. A; 9. C; 10. B