Me And My Uncle starts off the show, giving way to an exceptional Here Comes Sunshine. Jerry leads the way the entire time, but Keith and Bobby do such a wonderful job of sending out there own salvos. The Deal is also really good, with some powerful, streaking jams. A bit later is a real fun Race Is On as Donna provides some nice harmonies with Bobby and Keith makes some lovely runs, all with an upbeat, rollicking tempo. Of course, the China> Rider is also one of the highlights of the first half with a particularly heady transition. But, really, there are no duds here. And things get even finer in the second set with an unbelievable Playin’> Uncle John’s> Morning Dew> Uncle John’s> Playin’, a beautiful Stella, and an amazing Eyes, all before a steamy Sugar Mags takes it out. Words really do not do this baby justice; just put it in and give it all a solid listen yourself.
The show was wisely picked to be an official release, as Dave's Picks 5.
Other November 17th Shows and Recordings:
- 1968 - Eagle's Auditorium - Seattle, WA - unknown setlist, not on Archive
- 1971 - Albuquerque Civic Auditorium - Albuquerque, NM
- 1972 - Century II Convention Hall - Wichita, KS
- 1978 - Uptown Theater - Chicago, IL
- 1985 - Long Beach Arena - Long Beach, CA